Posted: Oct 08 2014
So Ladies, in preparation for another glorious summer we thought we would inspire you with some yummy breakfast recipes that will surely give your mornings a ‘kick’.
This recipe is from Vegetarian Ventures, an incredible online blog with breathe taking imagery, and even more enticing recipes.
We hope you enjoy!
Spinach & Avocado Stuffed Cornmeal Crepes with Curry Lime Cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk (I used coconut but cow’s milk or any type of non-dairy would work just fine)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ghee (or butter or oil), to coat the frying pan
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 avocado, diced
- chili flakes, to garnish (use more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
For the Curry-Lime Cream:
- 1 cup greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- juice from 1/2 small lime
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
Whisk together the egg, milk, cornmeal, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Transfer to the fridge and let chill for at least 30 minutes.
Whisk together the yogurt, lime, curry powder, and a little salt. Stick in the fridge until ready to use.
Heat a non-stick skillet with ghee or oil over medium heat. Add just enough batter so that you can coat the pan with a thin layer. Cook until the sides begin to brown and the middle starts to bubble (just about 2 to 4 minutes, depending on how hot your skillet it). Flip and cook for another 2 minutes or so. Remove from heat and transfer to clean plate (cover with a dish towel to keep warm). Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Fill crepes with the spinach, avocado, and a few red pepper flakes (if you like your food hot). Top with the curry sauce and enjoy!