Autumn is coming and with Easter just around the corner, making a cheeky Carrot Cake just seems fitting. This festive treat is simple to make and tastes absolutely DELICIOUS! This recipe is from our Creative Coordinator Gemma, who is an avid lover of making sweet treats. This one is definitely worth giving a try!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook time: 1hr 5 minutes Servings: 20
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
2 cup course grated Carrot
3/4 cup (90g) chopped Walnuts
1 1/2 cup (225g) Self-Raising Flour
1/2 tsp each: Bicarb Soda, Ground Nutmeg and Cinnamon
60g Packaged Cream Cheese
1 tsp grated Lemon Rind
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Line 15cm x 25cm loaf Pan with baking paper.
- Combine the Oil, Sugar, Golden Syrup, Eggs, Carrots, Nuts and sifted dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir well and pour mixture into tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 3/4 to 1 hour in a moderate oven. Stand for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Leave to cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix Cream Cheese (I use Philli Light Spreadable), butter and lemon rind in a bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sifted Icing Sugar
- Once cake is cooled, frost!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe made in the Adrift kitchen! If you’ve got any ideas for recipes you’d like us to make, please comment or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.