When it comes to sweet treats, it’s hard to go past a good brownie. It’s a true crowd-pleaser that is relatively easy to whip up at short notice, especially as the ingredients list is made up of pantry staples that are generally close to hand.
If you are a fan of Valentine’s Day like us, you could always pull out a heart-shaped cookie cutter to give these brownies a bit of extra..love!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minute
400g dark chocolate, chopped
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
Nutella to spread on the top (for a bit of extra decadence)
- First things first, make sure you preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Next up, place half the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the sugar, eggs and flour in a bowl with the chocolate mixture and mix to combine.
- Stir through the remaining chocolate pieces and pour the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tin and cut into squares before finishing with a drizzle (or smear) of Nutella.
Time to eat!