Warm chocolatey desserts are a must as we head into the latter end of autumn and into the winter months, and this Toblerone brownie pudding paired with a honey-nougat ice cream is the perfect dessert to delight and warm the loved ones. The dessert serves 8 so the family can look forward to chocolatey treat the next night too.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Servings: 8
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/3 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
200g butter, melted
200g Toblerone chocolate bar
Honey Nougat Ice-cream
2 litres vanilla ice-cream
2 tablespoons honey
2 x 40g packets almond nougat, chopped
Honey Nougat Ice-cream (optional)
1. Transfer ice-cream to a large bowl, reserving container.
2. Stand at room temperature for 10 minutes or until starting to soften.
3. Fold in honey and nougat.
4. Return ice-cream to container, levelling top with a spatula to compact.
5. Cover. Freeze overnight or until firm.
Toblerone Brownie Pudding
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 5cm-deep, 22cm round (base), 6-cup capacity ceramic ovenproof dish.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs for 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Add vanilla. Beat until just combined. Sift flour and cocoa together. Add to egg mixture. Beat on low speed until just combined. Add butter. Beat on low speed until just combined. Pour into prepared dish
3. Break 3/4 of the Toblerone into triangles. Press into mixture in dish. Smooth top to cover triangles. Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are just firm to touch. Stand for 10 minutes.
4. Serve pudding warm with ice-cream, custard or just as-is.
We hope you’ve enjoyed the recipe made in the Adrift kitchen! If you’ve got any ideas for recipes you’d like us to make, please comment or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.